I LOVE KARAOKE! I really do. I’ve got a list of go to songs, and even my buddy and I have even perfected the combo No Sleep Til Brooklyn by the Beastie Boys!
BUT THERE ARE SOME SONGS YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AT KARAOKE! Like Tequila by The Champs. Not familiar with it? Well check out the video at the bottom of this article! The song only has one word in it, Tequila, and you only say it 3 times! The song itself is over 2 minutes long!
In honour of this, I’ve compiled a list of some of the worst karaoke songs that you should never, EVER, sing!
- “My Heart Will Go On” by Céline Dion. Because I don’t care what your mom tells you, you can probably not hit the notes. #SorryNotSorry.
- “Tears in Heaven” by Eric Clapton. It’s a great song, but it’s really sad, and nobody goes to karaoke at the bar to be even more sad.
- “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” by Meatloaf. Because this song is 9 minutes long, and nobody wants you to keep signing after about 30 seconds.
- “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey. BECAUSE EVERYBODY SINGS THAT GOSH DARN SONG!
- “Macarena” by Los Del Rio. If you don’t know why, you’re part of the problem.
Because, at the end of the day, karaoke is awesome even if you can’t sing that well. Just don’t ruin everyone else’s night with a terrible song.
© 2018 Corus Radio, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.